Vellco Head Office (all departments) is located in the rural village of Weaverthorpe, (Near Malton). North Yorkshire, (UK) about 40 miles East of York & 17 miles West of Bridlington. Vellco Tyre Control is a trading division of Vellco Limited – an extremely professional and diverse Private Limited Company.
We are a completely independent Casing Company, involved in the procurement, grading, Sales, and Purchases of Casings across any tyre product types including Car, Van, Truck, Agricultural, Industrial & EM.
We also manage the collection of automotive waste from a variety of blue chip UK customers.
Sites / Locations
Vellco Tyre Control, Ropery lane, Weaverthorpe, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO178EY
Vellco Tyre Control, World Newton Road, Burton Fleming, East Yorkshire, YO25 3PH
Vellco Tyre Control, Hunmanby Industial site, Hunmanby, North Yorkshire, YO14 0PH
Vellco Tyre Control, Islip Furnaces Industrial Estate, Kettering Rd, Kettering, NN14 3JW
Vellco is an active & supportive Full Member of the Tyre Recovery Association & TIF Responsible Recycler Scheme. We possess full ISO 14001 Environmental Accreditation (Only UK Company in the Casing Sector to hold this Certification).
NTDA Environmental Award Winners 2004, 2007, 2009, 2011 (nominated 2013). (Only Company in our Sector to have won this award 4 times.!)
Vellco holds all relevant licences required by legal & environmental UK bodies in this trading sector,including:
– Environmental Permit (EPR)
– Waste Carriers Licence (C/B)
– Operators Competence Certificate
Vellco supports the UK Environment Agency Waste Hierachy for “recycling tyres” as follows:
- Reduce – lower the amount of actual waste produced. (Using original tyre to legal minimum – regrooving truck tyres)
- Reuse – re-using materials repeatedly (ie, retreading for car & truck tyres)
- Recycle – using materials from tyres to make new products (production of rubber crumb, steel recycling, fibre recycling)
- Recovery – recovering energy from waste (use of tyres as a fuel in cement kilns)